Thursday, May 1, 2008

Holy Terror!

At 17 months, Dylan is fully into the terrible two's. His new favorite thing to do is bite his mom. Now, before anyone goes making suggestions, I have read every book, every website, talked to other moms, talked to the pediatrician -- you name it, I've tried it. When I try to discipline the kid, he thinks it's hilarious. Yesterday, after two hours of biting and trying to discipline, I had enough. I just put Dylan in his bedroom and shut the door.

For the record, he was overly tired. He had woken up at 4:51 am and only took 30 minute nap around 9 am. I had tried to get him to take another nap all afternoon. 5 pm is when he got locked in his room. Around 5:30, when Mike got home from work, I decided to go see what Dylan was up to. The following picture is what I found...

He pulled those blankets and toys out of his crib.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Jayden was a biter too. He didn't bite us as often as the other kids at daycare/preschool. I know how frustrating it is! I am grateful that we are finally past that phase now (it lasted over 2 years! If you want to know what we did, let me know....it worked overnight!)

Laura Barrett said...

Sorry Audra...but that was the funniest story ever! Like I said before, definitely something I get to look forward to:) Cute blog by the way!

Angela said...

Looks like he knew what he was doing. He got all set up for reading... a good book, a binkie, a little something to drink, his favorite blankie... and then he just crashed!

Destiny Rayburn said...

Yup, one more reason for me to not have kids.

Meaja said...

Oh geech! I have no advice about this issue but your blog was hilarious to "read." Experiencing this is a whole different story, right?! Hang in there.

Jorj said...

You gotta love it when they terrorize their room. Luckily it's their room and not your and you can just close the door and save the mess cleanup for later!

Keighly Burt said...

looks like he is having a good nap....

don't u whis u could do that