Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lena Bear

I cannot believe that Lena is already 9 months old. A friend pointed out to me yesterday that in a mere 3 months, Lena will be a year old. That thought just makes me want to cry. I keep telling everyone that I am in complete denial that Lena is going to grow up. D.E.N.I.A.L. She has just been such a joy (once she got over the colic).

I took her to the pediatrician for her 9 month check-up this morning. Lena is now 27 inches (25%) and weighs 16 lbs 8 oz (15%). Although she is teeny tiny, she has been consistent with where she falls on the growth charts. That means she is right where she should be. She is meeting all of her milestones right on time.

In fact, she celebrated her 9 month birthday by crawling. She has been toying with the idea for a month now, but officially figured it out a few days ago. She is attempting to pull herself up to standing. If I put her on her feet, she can stand while holding onto something. This always makes me giggle because she just looks to little to be standing.

Lena still loves to laugh. She loves to eat. In fact, she loves it so much that she growls while she eats. I've braved up and started feeding her real food. She loves eggs, cheese, grapes, cheerios, graham crackers, chicken, noodles and of course cookies. She loves to play with toys, especially if she can shove it in her mouth. This girl is way more curious than Dylan ever was. I foresee lots of babyproofing in my near future. She absolutely adores anything that has to do with big brother. And she is still obsessed with her Mommy...I do not mind one bit. Even if she does call me Dada.

I've said it before and I will say it again...Lena is a happy happy girl. I could not be more in love with her.

3 comments:

Meaja said...

I love how full your heart is! Lena is so adorable!!

Stacy said...

She is adorable!!! I can't believe she is already 9 months old. The time really does go by way too fast!

Mandi Roth said...

Lena is adorable!!! So cute! Time does fly!