Monday, January 12, 2009

The New House

We're finally at a point where I feel comfortable posting some pictures of the new house. We are absolutely loving the extra space and being out in the country. The only drawback I can think of (so far) is that Mike's commute is horrible right now. Once he gets out on his jobsite (hopefully soon), he should only have a 15-20 minute drive as opposed to the 1-1 1/2 hours he drives now.

Welcome! This is the front. It's a little deceiving from the outside, but the house is about 2400 square feet and sits on a 1/2 acre lot.

Here is the back patio, deck, screened porch and hot tub!

Our AWESOME, fully fenced backyard
One view of the Master Bedroom. Mike and I are not used to having extra space in our bedroom, so it feels kind of empty. We love it.
Part of the living room. It's difficult to get a good shot of the whole thing, but this room has a 2 story, vaulted ceiling.

This is (obviously) the kitchen and breakfast nook.

The dining room just might be my favorite room of the house...mostly because it's painted my favorite color - Navy Blue. I love the contrast of the dark and the white. The other side of the room also has a bay window.

Here is part of Dylan's surfer room. I love that there is tons of space for his toys so that I don't have to have them all in the living room. His bedroom also has a HUGE walk-in closet.

The other side of Dylan's room.

The third bedroom is the guest room, but there is also room for me to have a scrapbook area.

Where you'll be sleeping if you come to visit. This room also has a huge walk-in closet.

We have converted the bonus room into our exercise room. There is also a nook area where we have set up our computer desk.

I really like the floorplan of this house. The upstairs hallway is open to the downstairs. Dylan loves being able to watch TV from the upstairs.

We really just need to rearrange some things in the garage, finish hanging a couple things on the walls, put down an area rug in the living room and then we'll be done. Phew!

8 comments:

Angela said...

Beau-ti-ful! I love it! Great colors, layout, and decorating! It has your name written all over it!

Courtney said...

Audra, everything looks great!!! You are renting this from a friend if I remember correctly?! I know there was a story behind why you moved but I can't remember what it was. Congrats on being settled in!!

Patty said...

It's looking great! Your putting the great "Daniel" finishing touches on the home.

momtoabean said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Audra!! I love it so much!

I really love the picture collage thing on the wall, so nice!!

Mandi Roth said...

Love the house!! It's great! I love how you have decorated it. Beautiful!! I love the space you have. Great Backyard..

Alena said...

what a great place!

Would't You Like to Know said...

Your new place is beautiful!! I'm very jealous.

Stacy said...

I love this new house. It looks so beautiful! I'm so jealous. I wish so bad we could find a house to get into. I found one I love but Kel wants to wait and see if the price goes down. Pray for me! ha ha. I'm going nuts renting.

Congrats on the new place. I love it.