Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Merry Little Christmas

I realize I'm a little behind in getting this up, but things have been a little crazy around here. Between illness, traveling and moving, I've barely had time to sleep let alone be online. Better late than never, I suppose.

We spent Christmas in Delaware with the Elkington's this year. I really dislike traveling around the holidays, but I enjoy being with family...especially at their house. I am a terrible hostess, so it's nice to let someone else do the cooking, cleaning and entertaining. We drove up Christmas Eve day and as luck would have it, it was a really easy and quick trip. Dylan was a complete angel in the car and didn't make a peep the entire 6 hours! That itself could be considered a Christmas gift! We arrived just in time to have a yummy dinner.

Christmas morning was pretty relaxing. Since Dylan was the only young one there, we were able to take things slow. He's still too young to realize what's going on until it's actually happening. I suppose things will be much different next year. Kent and Jamie made an awesome breakfast of french toast and bacon. Then we all gathered to open presents. We spent the rest of the day watching movies, visiting and playing games. I finally broke down and let Mike teach my how to play Risk. Wouldn't you know...I conquered the world on my first try! Guess women should rule the world, ha ha.

Friday was spent doing much of the same...eating, sleeping, playing and watching movies. Saturday we packed up the car and headed home for the big move. We had a very nice visit and feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Karen bought Taz and their dog, Annie, matching long john's with their names embroidered on the back. I really wanted to get a picture of the two of them sitting next to each other, but they don't really get along. So, here's Taz modeling his.

It is very rare to get a picture of Mike and I together. We both look somewhat out of it, but beggar's can't be choosers.

I think Dylan was more entertained by ripping the paper than the actual gifts. Well, until he started opening all the trucks he received.

Dylan started to get distracted while opening presents, so Mike started helping to hurry things along.
For inquiring minds...we are moved into the house and things went fairly smooth. Once we have stuff a little more settled, I will post some pictures. Until then, just know that we are enjoying the extra space and the BIG yard!

5 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

Christmas sounds really great! I am glad you had a good time with family! I love that tree, it's beautiful with those santa looking gifts, very cute. Glad the move went so well and that you love it.

Melinda said...

Audra I loved this blog post. The pictures were so festive. I really loved that tree with the Santa Sacks.
I am glad the trip went so well and it sounds like a relaxing time with family was just what you needed.
I can't wait to see images of the new home.
Thanks for checking out my site too!

Angela said...

it looks like you found Christmas (or it found you?) afterall! It's good to finally see some pictures of you guys! Enjoy your yard and space!

Alena said...

missing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacy said...

It sounds and looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Dylan is so cute!! I'm glad the move went well. I can't wait to see pics of the new place.

Oh, and you look really cute in these pics. I love your hair!