Monday, August 17, 2009

Little Baker

Anyone who is close to me knows that I do not particularly enjoy cooking. It just isn't fun to me. I do, however, love to bake. I'm not the greatest, but I do have my specialties. I have been told that I make some pretty amazing cookies. I was on a baking kick for a couple weeks and made several different types of cookies during this time. Dylan became my right hand and helped with every aspect...beginning to end. The kid loves to be in the kitchen helping. Perhaps he'll be on the Food Network someday. Fine with me.
There always has to be some prep work. Dylan thought it was fun to pull out all the measuring cups and spoons.

Okay, seriously? What little kid doesn't like to lick the spoon?

His favorite part was spooning out the dough and 'plopping' it on the cookie sheet. He would hold the spoon up really high and then let the dough just drop onto the pan. When it landed he would yell out 'Ploop' really loud. Hilarious!

Our finished product.
I love having my little man around to help with all the fun things in life.

6 comments:

Patty said...

Way too cute! Can't wait to have him help Gram cook and bake!!

Jorj said...

Mmmm...Cookies sound so good right now...especially after seeing your little guy enjoying them. I don't know what it is about kids...they make everything look like it tastes so delicious! What a good little helper you have there!

Keighly Burt said...

This is so cutee!
I love licking the spoon too!
Hes so adorable Audra!

Alena said...

your pics are looking amazing!

Mandi Roth said...

Great pics. I LOVE baking too! Love your little helper. Too cute!

Courtney said...

Audra your pictures are great! Dylan is such a cute little helper...I love his eyes!