Friday, September 23, 2011

Field Trip!

I am loving having a child in Elementary School. It is so much fun helping out in the classroom and seeing how much my child is thriving in the school setting. This week, I volunteered to chaperone the Kindergarten field trip to Westview Orchards & Farm. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and this place was awesome.
Dylan loves Ms Slusher. As we took the tractor ride out to the apple orchard, he chatted away with her. It was very apparent to me that she genuinely loves the kids in her class. I love knowing that Dylan is in good hands all day.


I was assigned to look after four 5 (and almost 5) year old boys. Woah! Let's just say I'm so greatful to not be a mom of multiples. Craziness! The boys all loved picking their own apples. I think for every apple they picked and placed in their bags, they ate just as many. No wonder Dylan had a tummy ache at the end of the day.




Westview had the coolest set-up of any of the orchards around here. There is a 3 acre playground with a variety of cool, different sets. There is also a petting farm, a huge hay mountain, the cider mill, tractor rides, a pumpkin patch, and on occasion a bounce house (which thank goodness was not out the day we went). Dylan and his buddy, Drew, loved racing the little tractor bikes. I think they rode these for at least 45 minutes.


We ate lunch at the orchard, drank cider and everyone got a donut. If you've never had a cider mill donut in Michigan, put it on your bucket list. These suckers are to die for! I already told Mike that we need to have several family outings to the cider mills in the next month. Before getting on the bus to go back to school, we took class pictures. I love being able to see the faces of the kids Dylan comes home talking about. And more than anything, I love being able to spend this quality time with him. This was definitely a memory making day.

2 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

That's so nice that you can go on these field trips with him and help out. i bet he loves having you there! Looks like a fun place to go.

Meaja said...

Sounds like you were a cool chaperone! ;) That place sounds awesome, great memory maker.