Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blessed

I'm sitting here this morning just thinking about the wonderful friends I've made throughout my 31 1/2 years. All of a sudden I became overwhelmed with the thought that I am so blessed to have so many amazing and inspiring people in my life. My heart is filled with gratitude for the influence for good they have each had on me.

These women (because lets face it, I'm married and guy friends kind of left the picture long ago), just amaze me with their accomplisments. I have long known that I am what some call a 'starter' but not really a 'finisher'. I have an interest in many things and I enjoy thinking of new goals/ideas. Some of the time, I even start working toward things. But, it is very rare that I finish or see things through to the end. I have struggled with this my entire life and it is something I'm constantly trying to change and overcome. Lately, I have become even more interested in trying to achieve my goals as I've watched my friends reach theirs. One just finished her first 5k (after a trying journey), another friend is getting ready to enter the home stretch in finishing school to be an ultrasound tech (all while being a mom and wife, working, and trying to maintain a home), and another friend who makes being a Mom to 5 boys (with a husband who is away for work a lot) look so easy. I won't say I'm jealous...I don't think that's what I feel. I just feel a sense of awe and also a definite feeling of proudness.

So, as I sit here inspired, I feel a motivation stirring. A motivation to sit down and figure out what my most important goals are (and which ones will fit into my life in this moment, because let's face it, there are some goals that need to wait until a different season in my life).

Thank you, friends. Thank you for being the wonderful people that you are. I am truly blessed to know you.

No comments: