Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful Thoughts



Bet you can't guess what I'm really, truly thankful for! Oh wait, I only talk about them all the time so you probably can guess right on the first try. I love my munchkins. Don't know what I would do without them. Actually, I'd probably be working at some job that I hate. So, I should probably be thanking them for needing me at home.


I'm also thankful for good teachers. Dylan has had some awesome teachers, both at school and at church. I love what they do for my child and for the special interest they take in him. He loves to learn, so I'm thankful they have made it fun.


I love that Mike is finally getting his hand on some of the Brazil projects at work. He has been much more pleasant the past month. And I'm very thankful that he is gainfully employed (it really sucked when he wasn't). I'm also thankful that he is fully supportive of me being a stay at home mom. He understands the importance of what I provide for our children by doing so.


This may seem a bit worldly, but I'm thankful for my car. After years of just driving what we could afford and what suited our needs, I finally get to drive around in something that I am in love with. Seriously, everytime I walk up to my Durango I get all happy inside. Love my car!


I'm thankful for my calling at church. After years of teaching the younger kids in Primary, it has been such a nice change being with the Young Women. I love the other leaders and I love the girls. It is refreshing to attend Thursday night activities and I love the discussions we have during our lessons on Sundays.


I am extremely thankful for all those who have supported me on my new photography journey. I feel like I finally found something that is all mine. I have struggled with not having something all my own since having kids. But, I love what I am doing. It is fun, it helps me tap into my creative side, and gives me a talent to focus on. Plus, I absolutely love hearing someone say that a picture I took of their children, made them cry! Happy clients = Happy Photographer.


I have really been struggling spiritually this year. So, I am very thankful for a Heavenly Father and Savior who keep gently nudging me along. I know what is truth and my beliefs are solid, but that doesn't mean I don't need help sometimes. I always know where to turn.


I also have the best parents in the world. They are such great examples to me. I love them very much.


I hope that you all find the things to be thankful for in your own lives. We are all truly blessed. Happy Thanksgiving.



1 comment:

Mandi Roth said...

cute pictures!! I agree there are so many things to be Thankful for. Loves to you!!