Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mom's Little Helper

Dylan has become quite the helper around the house. No matter what I'm trying to clean, he always wants to be right there. Most of the time I am happy that he wants to help. Recently he has taken to trying to throw the glasses out of the dishwasher - not so helpful. So, I have been on the hunt for chores that are a little more toddler friendly. The Swiffer seems to be the perfect fit. He will sweep my floors for hours if I let him.

I've been searching for an activity that Dylan can do on our deck. It seems that most outdoor toys are made for yards. When I was browsing around Target one day, I came across the water tables. I'm not sure how I never knew about them before, but it has been the perfect solution! Dylan loves being on the deck and playing in the water with his boats. It usually allows me a chance to relax. He plays in the water and I sit in a chair and read for an hour or so. We both get to enjoy the sun without having to leave the comfort of home.


1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow! A whole hour of peace? You can't put a price tag on that... good find!