Sunday, December 7, 2008

Party Time!

I'll get to the Birthday Party details momentarily. I just wanted to share this picture that I took using my Christmas present. Dylan and I had a fun day at the park the other day. He ran around, climbing on everything while I played with my new Canon Rebel.

Okay, now for the important stuff. We celebrated Dylan's birthday by having a party for him and all his little friends at The Little Gym yesterday. I cannot even begin to tell you what a great idea it was. I paid Little Gym a small sum of money and they took care of everything but the cake. All we had to do was show up no sooner than 10 minutes before party time and we got to enjoy an hour and a half of pure fun.

Dylan always loved going to his class at the gym, so I figured he would enjoy returning for a couple hours. I was not prepared, however, for just how much the boy would love his party. From the moment the gym doors were opened, he was running and laughing and screaming. He was just so ecstatic to be there. LG runs the party like one of their classes for an hour and then they have a party room where you can do cake and presents for a half hour. It was the perfect amount of time for 2 and almost 2 year olds.

We had an awesome turnout, which I totally wasn't expecting. I usually expect to have about half the invitees show up. We only had two not come! Most of the other kids hadn't been to LG before, so it was just as much fun to watch them have a good time and explore. I didn't take too many pictures because I was busy laughing at my son. And you will not find any pictures of him opening gifts because he really couldn't have cared less about them once he opened a box of crayons!

Dylan absolutely loved his cake. He took his dear, sweet time enjoying every last bite.

Mike and his mom...they're a little technologically challenged. Ha ha. (Thanks Renee for bringing your camcorder!)

Dylan barely participated in the structured playtime because he was too busy climbing all over all the equipment. That's okay...it was his party and all we cared about was that he had an amazing time.

3 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

I am glad it was such a success. Looks like a lot of fun and he was happy!!

Laura Barrett said...

Hey Audra! It's been a while since I've blogged, you know how it goes, life gets us too busy. You're little man is so handsome, and big! Looks like you're doing well, hope your holiday's are too:)

Angela said...

Awww, what a fun party! Great idea, mom. I'm glad everything went well!