Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Taking Note

I am realizing more and more that I complain about things way too much. Especially when it comes to Dylan. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with him each and every day. Some days I feel like I am at my wits end and others I feel like we've had the perfect day. Every time we go to a playdate, I am reminded that I actually have a very well behaved toddler. Lucky me.

This very sweet little boy has me in tears tonight. Not bad tears, tears of pure love and happiness. Dylan has never really been a song and dance kid. He actually gets mad and screams 'NO' if I try to dance around with him. He has never even attempted to sing a song and most of the time does not like it if I sing to him - except when he's going to bed at night. Each night when he hops in bed, I sing 'You Are My Sunshine'. I sing others, but they vary from night to night. I sing this particular song every single night because I feel like it helps him know just how much I love him. As soon as we finished reading stories this evening, Dylan told me 'songs Mom.' He immediately started singing 'You Are My Sunshine' to me! Words cannot express first, the shock and second, the overwhelming feeling of pride and love that I had for my child at that moment.

Dylan, you truly are my sunshine.

5 comments:

Patty said...

So Gram is sitting here with tears, AGAIN! He's our sunshine too.

Stacy said...

So sweet! You are such a good mom, and have such a sweet little boy.

Melinda said...

That is sooooo sweet. What a darling son you have.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

We need those sweet moments as moms to get us through those other moments! We all feel at our wit's end often enough, but your heart is in the right place and full of love for you sweet little boy who loves you too! You are his sunshine and his whole world!