Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspiration

I was reading through a photography lesson last night and the teacher talked about finding your inspiration. It was all about deciding how you want to tell a story and then finding things that will inspire you and help you to tell that story through pictures.

The lesson left me trying to answer the question 'What inspires me?' It seems that I do not spend much time these days really pondering what makes my life enjoyable. I know that I have enjoyable moments every single day. But, I also have some very blah moments every day. I am now thinking that if I could learn how to consciously think about the things that inspire and motivate me, I could probably have more of those enjoyable moments and less of the blah moments.

So, to start, here is what inspires me (well, this is the short list I have been able to come up with since last night):

Dylan's big, inquisitive eyes
Flowers blooming in Spring
Uplifting song lyrics
A friend who knows how to make me look at things from a different perspective
Playing the Piano
Planet Earth (the show on Discovery Channel)
Pilates (I love how it encourages me to learn different ways to use my body)
Good books

This is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. It's made me realize that I need to spend more time thinking about the things that enrich my life and encourage me to strive to be better.

2 comments:

Patty said...

You're getting scary Audra....beginning to sound too much like your Mother!

_ said...

What photography book are you reading?