Monday, April 6, 2009

Lil Artist

I really don't consider myself to have any artistic ability whatsoever. Anything I create that can be considered art is usually a replica of someone else's work. There does, however, seem to be an artist gene on my side of the family. My sister was pretty good in art and I have a cousin who is incredibly talented. Dylan has never really expressed much interest in doing 'craft' projects, but the other day I decided to finally open his set of paints he received as a Birthday gift. The kid was hooked! Every day since then he has begged me to let him paint. It's a mess to clean up, but I love watching him take pride in his masterpiece.


We all know a kid can't keep the mess strictly on paper. By the time he was finished, Dylan had paint on every available surface. That includes every bare body part.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Let the creativity begin!