Monday, April 13, 2009

29 and Feeling Fine

That's right folks...I have officially entered the last year as a 20-something. April 7th came and went pretty quickly this year, but it was definitely a Birthday worth mentioning thanks to great family and friends. My parents sent me this gorgeous bouquet of flowers. For once in my life, I have been able to keep them alive for more than two days. The vase is still sitting on my dining room table and the flowers still look pretty. I have no green in my thumbs, so this is a miracle! My wonderful, generous parents also sent me a new 50mm lens for my camera and Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 software, as well as some money. Kent and Karen (also known as, the in laws), and my grandparents also sent me some money to spend at my discretion.

My wonderful friends met me for lunch at Mimi's Cafe and I walked away not only with a full, satisfied belly, but some great and thoughtful gifts (a Photoshop how-to book, a bracelet, and cute purse). Thank you Gina, Karen, Christine and Nichol!

Mike took a day off work and we went out for breakfast at IHOP. Yum! I LOVE eating out for breakfast, but it only happens, maybe, once a year. Dylan gave me a 3 hour nap.

All of this was awesome, unnecessary, and much appreciated, but I think my favorite 'gift' is yet to come. I leave next Thursday to go on a 5 day trip to Utah to visit all my friends from my college years (and a couple from high school years). I am so excited! I haven't seen most of my friends in 4 years and that is just way too long for my liking. And, thanks to my parents, I'm flying solo! Happy Birthday To Me!

3 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

What a great Birthday!! I'm glad it was a Happy day! Have fun in Utah!! :)

Angela said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like such a perfect day, even Dylan spoiled you! We'll celebrate when you're here in a week! Woo hoo!!!!! Thanks, Patty, for making it possible!

Melinda said...

Beautiful flower image Audra! Happy late bday and mother's day!