Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter - Round 2

While I love spending time with our families during the holidays, I was very excited to spend a holiday at home - just the three of us. I wanted to spend Easter starting my own traditions and giving Dylan a little of what I received as a child. We woke up Easter morning and I made Dylan his favorite breakfast...chocolate chip pancakes. Okay, who am I kidding? This is really my favorite breakfast, but Dylan loves it so it worked out well. Unfortunately we have 9:00 a.m. church meetings, so I wasn't able to take my time with everything. I tried to save the Easter basket hunt for after church, but Dylan is already a little sneak at 2 1/2. He found his basket while I was trying to blow dry my hair.

My cute little guy in his Easter outfit. Dylan is not a fan of 'church' clothes, so I try to keep his outfits as close to everyday wear as possible. I must admit, my child looks really good in the color salmon (or as other men call it...pink).

I figured Grandma Karen would be sending lots of candy for Dylan, so I decided to go with more long lasting gifts for his basket. He got a few books, two water guns, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, a Veggie Tales dvd, stickers and a new toothbrush.

After church and nap time, we set up a little egg hunt for Dylan in the backyard. None of us really like to be in large crowds, so we decided against the big community egg hunt on Saturday. I think it ended up being a good idea. Dylan loved running around the backyard looking for eggs and he was done after finding seven of them.


Dylan's 'big' Easter gift was a Big Wheel. Funny story here...he actually got a Big Wheel for his birthday back in December. Mom and Dad have been too lazy and preoccupied with other things to put it together. It has been collecting dust in a box in the garage. So, I regifted! Yup, that's right, I am a bad mom and gave my child the same gift twice. Don't judge me...he is happy with his new bike and Mike and I are happy because we didn't have to spend more money. I figure this is the one and only time I'll be able to get away with that, so why not?!
We went the non-traditional route for Easter dinner and grilled burgers. All in, it was a relaxing and fun day.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Love the smile on his face! I'm happy you had YOUR holiday.

Angela said...

Sounds like a perfect Easter to me! Don't worry, you're not the only mom who's re-gifted! They get excited twice and don't remember it anyway! I JUST learned the grilling is a huge Easter tradition in UT. Go figure. Great basket ideas. I had no idea Dylan was a Veggie Tales fan! I almost got him a VT DVD for his bday last year! You know how I love those shows!

Stacy said...

Such a cute boy! It sounds like Easter was good for you guys. Don't worry about the regifting. I have done it too. Everyone has!