Tuesday, September 8, 2009

They all start to come

A few months ago, my Aunt Dini and her husband, Uncle Bill, moved to North Carolina from Ohio. They ended up renting a house about 10 minutes away from us. We have had a good time being able to visit with them. Dylan and I even go let their dogs out once a day while they are at work. It's been fun for Dylan to become acquainted with some of his extended family. This is the first time that we have lived close to any family.

A couple weeks ago we got lucky and my grandparents came down to visit from Ohio. My mom was also in town for the week, so we had a good time hanging out with everyone. Most evenings we just ended up visiting at my Aunt's house. Dylan has really become the little social butterfly lately and he really opened up to my grandparents. I was glad he had that time with them because it happens so rarely.

Dylan loved riding around in Papa's wheelchair. He thought that was the most fun thing ever!

I love my Grandparents so much (my Dad's side, too) and am so lucky to still have all of them alive. The Burt's were a huge part of my childhood and I really miss getting to see them on a regular basis. It was so nice to be able to spend a little time with them and show off my cute lil' guy.

2 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

What a fun time! I love spending time with my grandma. I'm glad you got the time with them. Dylan is getting so big. What a handsome boy!

Angela said...

It's so great when the people you love the most have a chance to bond. It can be difficult for extended family to see the best side of your child because they're not around them a lot and usually there's a lot of distractions. Nice, quiet, quality time is priceless! You're lucky to have so much family close by!