Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful Thoughts

I am well aware that I still have two days before Thanksgiving Day, but I'm not sure if I'll get the opportunity to post my annual thankful list that day. So, I thought I'd get a little bit of a headstart. I have so much to be thankful for in my life. God has truly blessed me the past year and I would be ungreatful if I didn't acknowledge those blessings.

1. I am thankful for my wonderful husband. Our marriage is not without disagreements, but I have to say that I still feel that I married the best person for ME. Mike and I seem to balance each other out perfectly. He is an awesome Dad, a great husband, and a good provider.

2. My awesome husband helped to create this awesome little guy who runs around keeping me busy and making me go crazy. Dylan is the hardest job I've ever had, but I love this kid so much it can't even be put into words. The thought of him turning 3 next week just makes me bawl. The time is passing way too quickly. I'm greatful for the opportunity I have to stay home with him and watch every moment of his life.

3. This blessing, well, I can't even express my gratitude without emotions getting in the way. I am SO thankful to get the opportunity to have another child. I was beyond excited to have Dylan, but my feelings for this little girl are a lot more tender. Perhaps because I had to go through so much heartache to get her. Even though I've been more sick this pregnancy, I am taking the time to enjoy it. I cannot wait until April to hold my little angel.

4. I am thankful for each and every one of my amazing friends. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful support group.

5. I am thankful for my family, near and far. I miss being able to see them on a regular basis, but I suppose that is part of growing up. We all have our own lives to live. But, I think about them every single day and pray for their well being.

6. I am thankful for Skanska and that they have seen something valuable in my husband's work. I feel very fortunate that we have not had to endure the financial hardships that have befallen many recently.

7. I am greatful for this lovely house that we live in and for all the things in it that help me to feel at home.

8. I am thankful that it is finally Fall! I am so not a fan of of the Summer months. I hate to be hot and when exposed too much, the sun gives me headaches. So, while many of you will think I'm crazy, I love this cooler, cloudy weather!

9. I am thankful for people who are willing to share their talents with me. For example, my friend Gina, who recently took some pictures of Dylan for his 3rd Birthday. I will cherish them always and she was able to perfectly capture who Dylan is at this point in his life.

10. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and guides me through this life. I know I couldn't make it on my own.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

These are great Audra. You really are an amazing person! I'm so lucky to have a wonderful friend like you. I miss you! Love ya!

Destiny Rayburn said...

Lovin ya babe...

Angela said...

You're a sweetie. So happy for you and your growing family!

Mandi Roth said...

What a sweet post! So glad you posted what you were thankful for. I am excited for you and your new baby in April. That will be so fun! I hope Thanksgiving was nice for you. Thanks for being my friend.