Monday, December 7, 2009

The Big '3'

Dylan celebrated his 3rd Birthday on November 30th. I still cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by. I feel like he was just a beautiful, colicky newborn who didn't sleep more than an hour at a time. No one could have prepared us for what a joy Dylan would be in our lives. We have our issues with him; he is a toddler and they all come with issues. But, this kid is so fun to have around. If you don't feel loved having a 3 year old in your house, the problem is most likely with you...not them. I can go from being so angry I can't see straight, to laughing hysterically in a split second.

Mike and I both love this little guy more than words can say. We look forward to what is going to come out of his mouth each day. We love his hugs and kisses. We enjoy seeing the pure delight on his face when we agree to play a game with him. Life truly does not get better than this.

My happy boy, ready to tackle the presents at his little party.

We decided to just do a big birthday bash every other year. This year, we were just going to have Aunt Dini and Uncle Bill over for dinner and presents, but Dylan insisted that his best friend David and his favorite Mommy "Nae Nae" (Renee) be there as well. Who am I to refuse my child his wishes?
David and his Daddy, David waited patiently for Dylan to open his presents.

Aunt Dini and Uncle Bill look on as Dylan opens the awesome game they got him.

Dylan opening his favorite new toy (ahem, his obsession).

His new red vaccuum! YAY! This gift was as much for me as it is for Dylan. Although I love my little cleaning helper, it is much easier to vaccuum when he has his own to push around.
Dylan also received his kitchen, some pj's, and some pieces to go with his Thomas the Train set. Now we just need to get him to understand that his Birthday only comes once a year!

3 comments:

Jorj said...

Isaac had his own red Dirt Devil vacuum at age 2, so Dylan is not alone!! It was a cute stage...I just wish he was as eager to help me clean now as he was back then! Happy Late Birthdy Dylan!!

Mandi Roth said...

What a fun party!! Happy Birthday Dylan. I love that he likes to help you clean, and now has his own vacuum.

The Arnold Family said...

Hey, I have been meaning to check out your blog. I found it once, but thought I wouldn't be able to view it since it is private! Yay! I was! What a cute little guy you have! I am so excited for you to have a little girl! Congrats! You look so cute with your little bump! I'm glad we can keep in touch through our blogs!