Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Road Tripping

May is turning out to be a busy month for us. I thought I'd just be relaxing at home the first month or two after having Lena. And, we have done some of that but we've had lots going on, too. Mother's Day weekend my sister Kathleen came to town with my nephew Noah. Noah is going to visit his Dad in NJ for a couple months and Virginia Beach just happened to be the half way point between SC and NJ. Lucky for us because we got to spend a couple days with Kathleen and Noah!
Dylan and Noah don't get to see each other very often, but they sure do love playing together! Mike and I caught a glimpse of what having three kids would be like. Ummm, I think we're good with our two. Sure was nice for Dylan to have a playmate for a little while though.

Dylan loves his Aunt Kathleen (as I'm sure Lena will, too...I mean, she did get her middle name from my sister). Gotta say, I love my sister too.
Kathleen returned to Charleston on Mother's Day. Then we had a couple days to relax and get ready for our next exciting visit. Dylan's best friend David turned 3 last week and we decided it would be fun to return to Raleigh for the fun festivities. My first road trip by myself with two kids went pretty well. There were a couple bouts of screaming from Lena and lots of backseat driving from Dylan, but all in, I shouldn't complain. Could've been much much worse! Luckily it's only a 3 hour drive.

We stayed with the Fox family again. Renee decided to invite everyone over for a playdate one morning. Dylan sure does have a fun little group of friends...not to mention the cuteness.

I mentioned to Renee that I don't have too many pictures of me with Lena yet. So, she took a couple opportunities to snap some shots of me with my little princess. I love a few of them.

Our friend Noelle and her daughter Riley also stayed at Hotel Fox. So, it was a big slumber party. 'Uncle' David is such a good sport to let all the estrogen and toddlers invade his home. He even seems to have a good time when we're all there. We even caught him snuggling Lena and singing to her...guess he's just preparing for his #2 to arrive in August.

Since Renee is due in August, we have already decided that Daniel and Lena need to get married one day. So, we took the opportunity to get the first 'Mother in Law' shot.

Me and my little bug at the birthday party. We both had a great time and are so sad that we had to return to Virginia Beach. We miss our friends so much!
On a side note...Dylan has decided he is finally ready to be potty trained!!!! Yay!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Love the pics and love you guys! Happy you got to make the trip and have such fun with your friends.

Stacy said...

How fun. I love the pic of you and Lena. You look amazing! Such a hot mamma.