Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting Back To Business

It's a new year and I'm ready to get back to blogging.  This little journal of mine has taken a back seat the past couple of years, but I really need to get back at it - for the sake of my children having something to help them remember their childhood!

I'll post an update later, but for now I want to jot down something I've been thinking about lately.  I am not one for resolutions every year.  But, I do like goals and those have seriously been lacking in my life.  So, I decided to give myself a one word motto for the coming year.  If I'm successful with it, perhaps that will be my new thing...give myself a word to focus on each year. 

My word for 2014 is:  BE.
Be Present
Be Focused
Be Kind
Be Honest
Be Happy
Be Patient
Be Loving
Just...BE.

So many directions I can take this and I'm thinking perhaps I will focus on one Be each month this year.  Still need to figure that out, but for January I'm going to focus my attention on Being Loving...especially with my children.  Because really?  What's not to love about these munchkins?

No comments: