Tuesday, July 22, 2008

You're Kidding. Right?

Since becoming a stay at home mom, I have been asked some pretty ridiculous questions and heard some fairly annoying comments. The one that really pushes my buttons, however, is the question that makes it obvious that someone is completely ignorant. You want to know which question I'm talking about?

"So, what do you do all day?"

Okay, honestly? This question makes me want to punch someone in the face. If you have to ask me this question, you apparently have never spent a day with an infant, toddler, preschooler, etc. I can assure you that my days are filled with much more to do than someone sitting behind a desk, fiddling on a computer for 9 hours. I'm in charge of raising another human being! I don't think it can get more complicated/stressful/exciting than that.

The next person who asks me this question is going to get a whole lot more than they bargained for.

(Today's post is brought to you courtesy of the idiot male taking his leisurely afternoon stroll through Target!)

3 comments:

Sassy said...

Ugh!!! I knew what the question was before I even read it. What's wrong w/ people? Do they think a child takes no work. I stopped answering that question. Now, I just say: "What the name implies!" I take care of my child and my home! Duh!

Would't You Like to Know said...

Amen Sister!! LOL!

Stacy said...

You are so funny. I know what you mean. I even get this question from my own husband. Oh, some days it takes all I have to calmly say: Doing 6 peoples laundry, taking care of 4 kids needs (two being teenagers and 2 being infant and toddler), cleaning the house, cooking, trying to give kids attention. Should I go on??? Yeah, very frustrating.