Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Big 3-0 (again)

I say 'again' in the title because I know I used the same title back in February for Mike's 30th. I have to admit that despite being miserably fat and uncomfortable, this has actually been a pretty enjoyable Birthday for me. I know most people freak out about turning 30, but I couldn't care less. Perhaps because I've got bigger things on my mind.

The gifts started rolling in last week. First I got a 2 lb box of See's full of only my favorites. Let's just say, the box did not last very long. And I'm embarrassed to admit that I ate almost the entire box all by myself. Shoot, I didn't even tell Mike about the candy for several days.

To counteract the See's, I also received the P90X workout system and a check to buy some new running shoes. All courtesy of my parents. I'm so ready to lose this baby weight and am determined to not have it take 2 years like it did after I had Dylan. I can't believe that I am actually excited about working out again. It's a great stress relief for me and my workouts went to zero after we moved.

Today (my actual Birthday), turned out to be pretty nice. The weather here has been WAY warmer than is normal for this time of year. The past three days it has been in the mid-90's. Playgroup decided to meet at the locals beach this morning and even though I have no summer maternity clothes, I improvised and made the 20 minute trek. Gee, it's rough living so close to the awesomeness of the beach. I have learned (from visiting my parents in Charleston) that Dylan is a total beach bum. The child loves the water and sand and sun. So, I knew this would make for a fun morning for us. The playgroup mommas even sang Happy Birthday to me and one of them brought brownies as a special treat to share with everyone.

The water was SO FREEZING COLD! But, none of the kids seemed to care...including Dylan. He really has no fear of the water, which is incredibly scary for me. There were several times I thought I'd have to jump in the ice water with my clothes on to grab him. Luckily, threats to leave and go home worked to keep him somewhat in check.


(Seriously, I just love this kid's feet. They are so chubby and adorable).
When we got home from the beach, I was greeted with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my Mom and Dad. Mike was able to come home from work really early today and he arrived with an Edible Arrangement of chocolate covered strawberries. YUM! Those are my absolute favorite treat...my two guys did a good job. I'm pretty sure they will all be gone by the end of tomorrow. Apparently everyone was out to make me gain a ton of weight during my last two weeks of pregnancy. Oh well, I'm enjoying it while I don't have to feel guilty.
I was really hoping for a Birthday surprise baby, but it's not looking like that will happen. So, I'm hanging in for another 7 days. Thanks to all who made this a wonderful 30th. I am so lucky to have the family and friends that I do.











4 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

I'm glad you had a such a wonderful Birthday!! you are very loved.

Jorj said...

Happy Birthday! Oh and P90X is AWESOME!! You'll love it!!

Angela said...

The beach, candy, chocolate covered strawberries... talk about a HAPPY birthday!

Stacy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. I wish I were there to celebrate with you, especially with all that candy and warm weather. I can't wait for your sweet little girl to come! Hopefully you are not too uncomfortable. Love you!