Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter

Easter kind of came and went in a blur this year. I felt like a really lame mom because I didn't do a whole lot for Dylan, but we did manage to slip in a couple fun things. For play group last week, we had an Easter Egg Hunt at the church. Dylan walked away with only 3 eggs because he was a little hesitant to run off on his own, but once he saw they all had candy inside he didn't seem to care about the amount. I just didn't let him see the baskets of 20 eggs that the other kids were carrying around.

Easter Sunday was a little different this year because we didn't actually go to church. Instead, we were able to sleep in a bit and enjoy General Conference via the Internet. I made this awesome French Toast Casserole for breakfast. Got the recipe from my friend Christine, who made it for my baby shower brunch. SO yummy!

Dylan spent the morning playing CandyLand a gazillion times. Mike and I can stand to play 2 or 3 games a day with him, but that is never enough. So, Dylan will often play by himself. He just loves to play board games.

Mike and I wanted to catch a few extra minutes of sleep Sunday morning, so Mike came up with a brilliant idea to keep Dylan occupied for a while. He built him a 'clubhouse' in the living room. Dylan sat in his 'private clubhouse' for about an hour! It was awesome!

I really felt like I gave Dylan the lamest Easter basket this year. A couple books, some Starbursts and Cadbury mini-eggs (his favorite, which also happens to be MY favorite). Lucky for me, he's still too young to care about quantity and he was perfectly content with his treats.


Easter is honestly my favorite holiday. I love having this special time of year to remember that the Savior LIVES. Not to mention that the candy is awesome!

3 comments:

Patty said...

I think you did a pretty great job with Easter, all things considered! And by the way, we had the french toast casserole Easter morning as well!!

Mandi Roth said...

I think you did a great job!! he looked like he enjoyed all of it. How fun!! That french toast casserole Looks YUMMY!!! share the recipe, please. email me.. i'm wanting some now!! :)

Angela said...

WE HAD THE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE TOO!!!!! Great minds... me, you, and Patty.