Monday, November 29, 2010

The number "4"

Oh Dylan, I cannot believe that you are going to be FOUR years old tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday I was having a nervous breakdown in our Las Vegas house waiting for your arrival. You have come so far in just this short amount of time. This year has been a tough one for our entire family, but I think it's been especially tough on you. But, I must say, that you have shown more resilience than anyone (especially at your age) I know. You are still the happy go lucky kid I have grown to love more than words can describe. You are wise beyond your years and it has taught me to never underestimate what you are capable of.

Some of your favorite things still crack me up. I thought for sure you would be over Little Einsteins by now, but we are going on 3 years and you are just as attached to your little Rockets as you ever have been. I'm pretty sure you have every single episode memorized. Lucky for me, you have added a few new shows to your repertoire. Namely Sesame Street, SuperWhy, and Curious George. You are loving your Leapster2 and I'm shocked at how quickly you are able to master the games. You can teach your Grandma and Great Gram a thing or two about using the computer, too. Your blue and white blanket that Angela made is still attached to your hand. I'm not sure what I'll do when it bites the dust. I may just have to retain a scrap piece to give you on your wedding day. You love puzzles, trucks, and basically just being a boy. You are doing really well in preschool and look forward to going and learning new things. I love hearing you sing the songs you learn at school and in Primary.

I can't tell you how proud I am of what a great big brother you are to Lena. Watching you make her smile melts my heart. I know that you are someone we will all be able to depend on throughout your life.

Being a Mom is the greatest gift I've ever been given. Thank you for giving it to me. Thank you for coming to our Family. Your Dad and I love you more than you'll ever know. We both feel like time has been going way too fast. You are a delight to have in our home.

Here's to hoping that being 4 is even more awesome than the previous years. (we'll try not to make you move again;)) Love you lil guy!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Bring on the tears!