Tuesday, May 26, 2009

All Things Two...

When I first found out I was pregnant with Dylan, I had this grand idea to keep a journal of my entire pregnancy. Then when that didn't happen, I had the same grand idea to keep a journal of all the happenings in Dylan's life. Alas, this did not happen either. I am forever coming up with these grand ideas, but they remain just that...ideas. I suppose this blog is used to record some events that occur in our lives, but I am quickly forgetting all the fun day to day stuff that happens in Elkington land. Or should I say, Dylan land? Because honestly, Mike and I are pretty boring people still trying to make the switch from college student to adult. So, here is my attempt to bring one of my grand ideas to fruition...make a record of the daily things Dylan says and does. He is growing up so quickly and I am so sad that he is not a baby anymore. This two stage is so freaking frustrating, but it is also my favorite stage so far. This kid is hilarious!

Scenario 1: I always lay down with Dylan in his bed at night. It seems to help calm him down and we can talk about what we did that day. His newest add on to our bedtime routine always cracks me up. It started with a simple back scratch while we talked about our day. He has now added a scratch to several other body parts. After scratching his back, I must scratch (in no particular order) his arm, fingers, palm, nose, belly, chin, nose, eyes, hair, forehead and as of last night, neck.

Scenario 2: "Mommy, be a horsey!" Anytime I kneel down, Dylan is immediately jumping on my back. Occasionally I get knocked over and then it's time for "Suuuuferman".

Scenario 3: Dylan eating a banana. Takes too big a bite and with banana mushed up in his mouth "Mommy, I dun ike it". At which point, I immediately need to produce a trash can or hand or paper towel for him to spit the mush into. If nothing is available, it lands where ever.

Scenario 4: Dylan, "Daddy's at work." Me, "Yes Dylan, Daddy is working." Dylan, "Daddy makin' moooonnney!"

Scenario 5: Tale of the Mighty Knights (Backyardigans)...over and over and over and over and over...you get the gist.

Scenario 6: It's hot outside, the humidity is bordering on unbearable. No matter what the air conditioning is set at, the humidity manages to invade the house. What is Dylan wearing? A diaper and a zip up hooded sweatshirt (or as he likes to call it, jacket). Try to take it off and you will hear a tantrum like you've never heard before.

2 comments:

Keighly Burt said...

WOW!!! Big days you and Dylan have!

Patty said...

Enjoy....it only gets better!