Saturday, May 16, 2009

Becoming a local

Every Sunday on our way to church we pass by a big strawberry field where locals can go to pick their own. All winter I was so excited for Spring so that I could take Dylan strawberry pickin'. The place has been open for a few weeks now and we finally had the opportunity to go this past week. I thought Dylan would absolutely love it. Apparently mother does not know best. All he wanted to do was run up and down the aisles or through the big open field out onto the country highway. It took all of five minutes for him to start whining. I had to bribe him with the idea of ice cream once the bucket was full. So much for my fun ideas. Luckily we took our friends Renee and David along for the fun and it made the outing much more bearable.

When we first arrived, Dylan was excited to carry the bucket and look for big, red goodies.
After that, I did all the work.

Best Buddies. These two love each other and it is so cute to watch them have fun.

Chocolate ice cream ended our outing. Yum! Afterward, we went home and made some freezer jam. I'm working hard at this whole domestic diva thing.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Just keep working at it...you're making great progress!

Stacy said...

You are such a good mommy, and wife. I would love to get the info on how to make the homemade jam. By the way, you look great in all the pics (from mother's day, etc).

Angela said...

What a fun idea!