Friday, May 29, 2009

I should have listened...

...to myself.

I have always wanted a cute pair of white capris or shorts. I am sure I owned some when I was a kid, but in my adult life I have never worn any. Partly because I couldn't find that perfect style and partly because I worried that, knowing my clumsy self, I would stain them shortly after putting them on. While on vacation in Utah, I found my perfect pair of white bermuda shorts. At Old Navy, of all places! I have been home over a month now, but had not even attempted to wear my cute shorts because of my stainage fear. Well, I decided to finally go for it yesterday. It was a slow moving day, and I didn't end up getting ready for the day until around noon. My plans for the day involved going to the mall with my Aunt and Dylan. So, I figured 'Hey, I surely cannot ruin these shorts by walking around the mall.' I pulled those shorts on with a little bit of excitement (lame that is all it takes, I know). It was only 20 minutes before we were going to leave. It took me about 10 minutes to decide on a shirt, 5 minutes to put Dylan's clothes on and with 5 minutes to go, I needed to use the restroom. As I walked to the sink to wash my hands, I see something in the mirror. Look down at my shorts and to my disdain, there is a huge, green stain on the front of my left leg. Noooooooooooooo! I have no clue where that stupid stain came from. I treated and washed them immediately and that stupid green is still there. I knew I shouldn't have bought white shorts!

Another short story for you. Dylan has had exactly 4 big kid pukes in his life. First time was last Halloween. He ate pizza and macaroni for dinner. Second time was in February shortly after he moved into a big kid bed and I had, just that day, put his new surfer quilt on his bed. He ate macaroni for dinner. Third time was just last month when my parents were babysitting him. My mom fed him macaroni and hot dogs for dinner. Now I must tell you that Dylan is the pickiest eater I have ever seen in my life. His meal rotation includes quesadillas, grilled cheese, crackers & cheese, and macaroni. That's it folks...that is all he will eat...for meals (snacks are a different story). In the past month, I have tried to feed him macaroni once or twice and he hasn't eaten more than one bite. Last night I cooked up some of that tasty mac & cheese and the kid actually ate an entire bowl. All was well. We went through our normal bedtime routine and I was at the part where I sing to him. He thought one particular song (This Old Man...) was funny, so he sat up on the bed and was laughing at me. Next thing I know, he starts heaving. Next thing I know, he is spewing mac & cheese chunks all over his quilt. Luckily Mike had just walked in the door from work and helped with the clean-up. Obviously, the constant in every single pukefest is the Mac & Cheese. So, that is now going out of rotation. I had told myself that before, but Dylan is so picky I didn't know what else to feed him. What the crap is my child going to eat?

3 comments:

Patty said...

Maybe a liquid diet is on the way:)...and I just ordered my first pair of WHITE pedal pushers. Hope my luck is better than yours, but I'm not counting on it!

Jorj said...

Soups are good. Kids love soup and they're healthy which is an added bonus!

Mandi Roth said...

Sucks about your white shorts. That is why i don't buy white unless they are shirts. I love the look of white shorts. Good luck with the food thing. I wouldn't feed him mac-n-cheese. hehe!