Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Myrtle Beach

Mike and I had a wonderful time in Myrtle Beach this past weekend. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from where we live. Mike took a half day off work on Friday and we drove down Friday afternoon. We had decided to stay at a less expensive hotel so that we could have more money to go do fun stuff, but after we checked into our hotel we decided it was too gross so we only stayed there one night. The second night we stayed at the awesome Marriott Resort at Grand Dunes. It was beautiful! They had three pools, a huge jacuzzi, a wonderful restaurant, nice rooms, and their own private beach. Next time we will know better and just go for the nice resort!

I love to play miniature golf, but we have failed to find any place near us to do so. I told Mike I didn't care what else we did, but we had to play mini golf! I was ahead of Mike until the 17th hole and then he ended up beating me by one stroke. Blah!

This is the view from our resort window. So gorgeous! I loved opening the sliding door and listening to the waves and smelling the ocean air.

We definitely took advantage of the gorgeous pools. I don't think Mike has been in the water for several years, which is odd considering we used to go swimming a lot while we were dating.

Our room also overlooked the pool area. Doesn't this look like fun?

I really wanted to get a picture of both of us, but I'm too chicken to ask a stranger to take one. So, for now a shot of each of us will have to do.
We had a wonderful get away. A big Thank You to Gramma Daniel for coming up to watch Dylan so that we could spend some time alone.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

This looks so nice! I'm glad you guys were able to get away for the weekend and have alone time. You guys are so cute!

Would't You Like to Know said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! You are one hot mama! I can't wait until Erika is old enough so we can get away for a night alone.

Angela said...

Ahhhh, what a relaxing weekend! You're so lucky to have grandmas close by who can help out! Happy Anniversary!